We are looking for a skilled Verification and Validation Engineer to design and implement test procedures for our robotic systems.
Gain in-depth knowledge in system requirements, system architecture, and features and work with all R&D disciplines.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Create verification protocols and reports
• Perform basic statistical analysis on collected data and present results
• Coverage and traceability of tests to product requirements
• Executing test cases in accordance with system test plans to ensure product compliance with applicable standards.
• Perform gap analysis on different modules of the product
• being involved in the full product lifecycle including design, testing, documentation and ECOs implementation.
• manage 3rd party testing and validation activities
• Participate in ECO and MRB processes.
• Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline
• At least 3 years of experience in the Medical device industry (multidisciplinary products - advantage)
• Experience in R&D and verification teams
• Familiarity with Sterilization validation, biocompatibility testing – Advantage
• Knowledge of testing methodologies
• Experience in testing according to medical standards - an advantage
• Multitasker, responsible, hands-on approach
• Ability to work within tight deadlines
• High communication skills (written and interpersonal)
• Fluent English
• The position is full-time.
R&D Mechanical Engineer
Or Yehuda | R&D
Primary function of the position
We are seeking an experienced mechanical engineer to be part of our R&D team. The qualified candidate will be responsible for improving the mechanical design, performance, and reliability of our unique articulated surgical instruments.
This is a key position in bringing to market a miniature robotic system to change the world of robotic assisted surgery.
Roles and Responsibilities
Take Responsibility for design and development projects aiming at improving device reliability and performance.
Identify opportunities for design improvements in a complex mechanical system.
Perform hands-on mechanical design of a robotic surgical instrument.
Manage design projects involving sub-contractors designers and manufacturers.
Work in conjunction with the Engineering team to support manufacturing scale-up, incorporate new design changes, and make manufacturing improvements.
Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent experience)
At least ~2 years of hands-on professional experience in a similar position in a medical device company or military sector
Background in design and development, including design with Solid Works
Deep technological understanding and creativity in hands-on problem solving
Strong writing capabilities in Hebrew and English
Self-starter, self-learner, and self-organizer
Possess a keen attention to detail
Excellent communicator and team player
Working experience in medical devices - Advantage
Working experience on a multi-disciplinary system. - Advantage
Indications for use: The Hominis® Surgical System is an endoscopic instrument control system that is intended to assist in the accurate control of the Hominis Arms® during single site, natural orifice laparoscopic-assisted transvaginal benign surgical procedures listed below. The Hominis® Surgical System is indicated for use in adult patients. It is intended to be used by trained physicians in an operating room environment. The representative uses of the Hominis® Surgical System are indicated for the following benign procedures: Total Benign Hysterectomy with Salpingo-Oophorectomy • Total Benign Hysterectomy with Salpingectomy • Total Benign Hysterectomy • Salpingectomy • Oophorectomy • Adnexectomy • Ovarian cyst removal. Caution: The safety and effectiveness of the Hominis® Surgical System was established only for the representative uses mentioned in the Indications for Use. The demonstration of safety and effectiveness for the representative specific procedures did not include evaluation of outcomes related to the treatment of cancer (overall survival, disease-free survival, local recurrence) or treatment of the patient’s underlying is ease/condition. Device usage in all surgical procedures should be guided by the clinical judgment of an adequately trained surgeon. The prescription-use symbol or “Caution: Federal law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician.” For safety information, including risks, indications, and specific warnings and cautions related to the Hominis System please refer to the Hominis Surgical System Instructions for Use provided with your Hominis Surgical System.